1992 on the Super NintendoOctober 5, 2022
1992 on the Super Nintendo
1992 was one of my favorite years on the Super NES. So many great games were released, it complimented my Sega Genesis perfectly.
I’m now on Patreon! Help support the channel.
Check out my Sega Lord X merchandise page!
If you would like to support the channel directly:
Head over to Facebook to hear me ramble about various things:
I’m now on Twitter!
Tweets by Sega_Lord_X
Opening “Sega” jingle is from Astal for the Sega Saturn.
Ending Music during the credits is from Batman for the Sega Genesis.
By: Jan Neves
YouTube Page – https://www.youtube.com/user/Jan3d
Intro by Evan S.
1. I started capturing the games from this episode on my SNES Mini. I found the emulation to be disappointing so I switched over to real hardware for the rest of the titles. Super Smash TV, Contra III, and Top Gear were on the Mini, all others on real hardware.
2. Mode 7 still looks great to my eyes. Back then I was so shocked that something Sega was so well known for in the arcade was being leveraged by Nintendo at home.
3. The Genesis eventually got a Contra, Street Fighter II, and Turtles game to call its own. Most people associate these games with the SNES first and foremost, however.
4. Many people ask me why I do not consider A Link to the Past a Top 10 title for the SNES if I like it so much. Simple. It has absolutely no replay value after you beat it. None. It’s an epic journey, but I never needed to play it again once I saw it all.
5. Of the early Mario Kart titles, 64 was my favorite. It wasn’t until 8 that I felt it was bettered.
6. Super Star Wars was not the only one in the franchise to see a release on the SNES. Super Empire Strikes Back and Super Return of the Jedi was also there, though I always felt the first was the better of the three.
7. I always preferred the gameplay of Special Champion Edition on the Genesis for my home Street Fighter II fix. The voices were crap, but the music and gameplay were rock solid.
via YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJnfXmIYMEo