Contra Legacy of War – Sega Saturn ReviewAugust 23, 2021
Contra Legacy of War – Sega Saturn Review
It was a time of transition in the video game world. Many 2D games were being turned into new experiences using 3D polygons. Contra was one such game and we take a look at how it fared.
I’m now on Patreon! Help support the channel.
Check out my Sega Lord X merchandise page!
If you would like to support the channel directly:
Head over to Facebook to hear me ramble about various things:
I’m now on Twitter!
Opening “Sega” jingle is from Astal for the Sega Saturn.
Ending Music during the credits is from Batman for the Sega Genesis.
Opening 3D SLX Logo
By: Jan Neves
YouTube Page – https://www.youtube.com/user/Jan3d
Opening 2D Animation(characters)
By: Kevin Bhall
Facebook – https://ift.tt/2UETGzb
1. Captured on real hardware.
2. Having not played this seriously in years, I absolutely got my ass handed to me trying to beat it. I could only do it on easy, forcing me to use cheats for the later stages. I just didn’t have the drive to see anything in this game legitimately.
3. As I mentioned, this is an excellent port of the Playstation game. I’d even argue it runs a bit better.
4. Slowdown does show up frequently. It doesn’t hurt anything but it’s there.
5. This would mark a downward spiral for Contra as a series for years. It still hasn’t recovered.
6. Appaloosa was originally known as Novotrade. They’ve done a ton of games you may know across many platforms. They were also responsible for the awful C The Contra Adventure for the Playstation.
7. The Saturn version is rare and expensive. Even more so complete with the original red/blue 3D glasses. The Playstation release usually goes for under $20.
via YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TaQN9dKWWw