Great Visual Effects on the Sega Genesis – Part 3November 30, 2020
Great Visual Effects on the Sega Genesis – Part 3
I take a look at some more Genesis games that have some cool graphics and effects.
I’m now on Patreon! Help support the channel.
Check out my Sega Lord X merchandise page!
If you would like to support the channel directly:
Head over to Facebook to hear me ramble about various things:
I’m now on Twitter!
Tweets by Sega_Lord_X
Opening 3D Logo By:
YouTube Page – https://www.youtube.com/user/Jan3d
Opening 2D Animation By:
Facebook – https://ift.tt/2UETGzb
1. All games captured via a Mega SG.
2. The SNES version of Virtual Bart is radically different visually in a few of the segments. If you ever get a moment, take a look at the bike segment. It’s entirely flat Mode 7. The Genesis engine is far more impressive. I wanted to include a side by side, but I couldn’t find my damn RGB cables before the video was due to go up.
3. I really wish there had been a Street Racer for the Sega CD. With the Genesis handling the track and the sprite scaling done by the Sega CD, it could have rivaled the Saturn version. Maybe.
4. ExoSquad pissed me off so much while capturing footage. I died countless times trying to get some good shots. I almost omitted the game entirely.
5. In the earliest stages of Ristar’s creation, he was imagined as a bunny that could grab things with his ears. This lost out to Sonic’s original design, but would still grow and mature into the game you see here.
6. The ending references Galaxy Force II and Super Hang On, two software sprite scaling games of very different quality. The former was awful, while the latter was incredible for such an early title for the hardware.
via YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5hZpqvUMu4