OutRun – Versions Comparison (HD 60 FPS)November 24, 2020
OutRun – Versions Comparison (HD 60 FPS)
Comparison Video of Out Run / OutRun / アウトラン (Sega, 1986), one of the most successful racing games created by Yu Suzuki, featuring gameplay of the first stage of the following versions:
0:00 Arcade (1986)
1:27 Master System (1987)
3:09 ZX Spectrum (1987)
5:37 Amstrad CPC (1987)
8:06 Commodore 64 / C64 (Europe Version) (1988)
9:30 Commodore 64 / C64 (USA Version) (1988)
10:51 MSX (1988)
13:15 MSX2 (1988)
14:54 Amiga (1988)
16:33 Atari ST (1988)
17:48 PC DOS (1989)
19:05 TurboGrafx-16 / PC Engine (1990)
20:18 Game Gear (1991)
22:52 Sega Genesis / Mega Drive (1991)
24:13 Sega Saturn (1996)
25:34 Dreamcast (2001)
26:59 Xbox (2002)
28:27 Game Boy Advance / GBA (2003)
29:45 PlayStation 2 (Sega Ages OutRun) (2004)
31:10 Nintendo 3DS (New Mode) (2015)
32:37 Nintendo 3DS (Old Mode) (2015)
33:51 Nintendo Switch (New Mode) (2019)
35:18 Nintendo Switch (Old Mode) (2019)
36:37 BONUS: OutRun3D (Master System, 1989)
38:16 BONUS: Cannonball (2012)
39:44 BONUS: OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast (2SP Mode) Playthrough
OutRun has appeared in lots of systems throughout the years, but in some cases has been released as part of a bundle pack, or actually included in another game. Let’s see:
– Dreamcast: The game can be found inside Shenmue II (2001) or in Yu Suzuki Game Works Vol. 1 (2002), exclusive in Japan.
– Xbox: Can also be found in Shenmue II (2002) or as an unlockable of OutRun 2 (2003)
– Game Boy Advance: A port of the game is included in bundle pack Sega Arcade Gallery (2003).
3DS and Nintendo Switch version are very similar ports, and they feature a New and Old mode with some changes. We’ve included both modes.
As a Bonus, we’ve included the following footage:
– OutRun 3D: Released in Master System, this special version of OutRun works with stereoscopic Sega 3D Glasses, but it can also be played in 2D mode.
– Cannonball: This 3D Engine needs the arcade rom in order to work, and uses the original assets to make some changes like the addition of 16:9 screen aspect ratios and improvements in sprite scaling, among other enhancements. The engine is available in Windows but has been ported to some other systems such as Amiga, Android and PSVita.
– We’ve included a complete playthrough of OutRun 2SP, a game mode that can be found in OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast. Although this game is clearly not the first OutRun, we thought that you’d like to see how the saga has evolved throughout the years.
Which is your favorite version? If you enjoyed the video give us a like, share, comment, subscribe and don’t forget to click on the bell icon to receive new updates!
via YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pfJ7FVQkb8