Powerslave Exhumed – The FPS Classic Remastered!March 7, 2022
Powerslave Exhumed – The FPS Classic Remastered!
What do you get when you cross the Saturn and Playstation versions of the Lobotomy Software classic, Powerslave? Powerslave Exhumed, of course!
I’m now on Patreon! Help support the channel.
Check out my Sega Lord X merchandise page!
If you would like to support the channel directly:
Head over to Facebook to hear me ramble about various things:
I’m now on Twitter!
Tweets by Sega_Lord_X
Opening “Sega” jingle is from Astal for the Sega Saturn.
Ending Music during the credits is from Batman for the Sega Genesis.
By: Jan Neves
YouTube Page – https://www.youtube.com/user/Jan3d
Intro by Evan S.
1. Xbox Series S/X version shown. Saturn, Playstation, PC versions were all captured from original hardware.
2. This is $20 and is available on the PC, Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series S/X.
3. Lobotomy Software was purchased by Crave Entertainment in 1998 after a disastrous 1997. They underbid the Saturn projects for Quake and Duke Nukem 3D, which put the company in a dire financial situation. After Crave took control, Lobotomy was put on a Nintendo 64 gambling title called Caesar’s Palace. It was never finished and Lobotomy was dissolved a short time later.
4. Powerslave got its name from the Iron Maiden album. It too was heavily steeped in Egyptian art and themes.
5. I ran into an issue where the checkpoints would not save my progress accurately. I would need to do stuff over that I had already done. It was irritating but not game-breaking.
6. There was an unofficial remake of the Playstation version called Powerslave EX before this. It can still be found with a bit of searching.
7. The light-sourcing I mentioned that was missing from the Saturn release is when you talk to King Ramses(his tomb glows) and when you approach an artifact(it glows bright as well).
8 There are some graphical settings that you can mess with in the remaster. You can change the FOV, add scanlines, and revert some of the visual upgrades to look more like the older game.
9. This is about an 8-10 hour adventure barring any instances of getting lost or stuck. There are difficulty settings for an additional challenge.
10. I was not given this free to review. I paid for it with my own money.
via YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZmpEXECCro