Sega’s Virtua Racing – Battle of the Home Ports!June 15, 2022
Sega’s Virtua Racing – Battle of the Home Ports!
Let’s take a look at the home versions of Virtua Racing and how they turned out.
I’m now on Patreon! Help support the channel.
Check out my Sega Lord X merchandise page!
If you would like to support the channel directly:
Head over to Facebook to hear me ramble about various things:
I’m now on Twitter!
Tweets by Sega_Lord_X
Opening “Sega” jingle is from Astal for the Sega Saturn.
Ending Music during the credits is from Batman for the Sega Genesis.
By: Jan Neves
YouTube Page – https://www.youtube.com/user/Jan3d
Intro by Evan S.
1. Arcade footage via MAME’s latest version.
2. All other footage captured from real hardware.
3. Sega actually patented the view buttons in Virtua Racing. For years they actually collected money on every racing game that used it, until Nintendo and Sony challenged the patent years later. Sega lost that battle.
4. I always saw Indy 500 as sort of Virtua Racing’s unofficial sequel. I really wish they had come home.
5. If you ever run across a Virtua Racing in the wild, sit down and play it. It still holds up.
6. The Saturn version of VR actually has a watch mode where the CPU will race for you.
7. Sega would do well to take the Sega Ages line on the Switch, package it as a compilation, and release it on other platforms. It was a mistake keeping them platform exclusive.
via YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdFuZ8j7ZMo