Smoother SuperFX Games! How to Overclock with RetroArchJuly 14, 2022
Smoother SuperFX Games! How to Overclock with RetroArch
A handful of folks on Twitter asked me some questions, so I figured it was a good opportunity to make a video out of it.
BETTER LATE THAN NEVER: http://www.bltn.net/
Where to get RetroArch:
First-timers should probably look through this:
DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS ON OVERCLOCKING SUPERFX GAMES:
1. Install RetroArch
2. Use the “Online Updater” function in RetroArch to download one of the three “bsnes-mercury” cores.
3. Select “Load File”
4. Pick “Load File and Detect Core”
5. Find a SuperFX Chip game using RetroArch’s file browser.
6. If asked, select a “bsnes-mercury” core to play the game with.
7. Once the game begins, press F1 to bring up RetroArch’s “Quick Menu.”
8. Scroll down to “Options.”
9. Toggle “Respect Accuracy-Impacting Settings” (so that it no longer says “On”)
10. Crank up the “SuperFX Speed” option to whatever you want. I recommend 500%.
11. Resume your game.
In the current version of RetroArch, the quick menu “Options” do not get applied for every game you launch. Every time you launch a new SuperFX chip game, you kinda have to repeat steps 7-11, though in my experience, all you really have to do is show the options menu and RetroArch will apply your saved settings.
Byuu’s article on the challenges of building Higan/bsnes:
Get Higan from here:
via YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOAwuvN4LGs