The Early Days of the Sega CDDecember 18, 2020
The Early Days of the Sega CD
While many Sega fans are nostalgic for Sega’s CD add on, those early days were rough as hell. While I love to think back at how cool it was owning one, there is no doubt there were some serious problems.
I’m now on Patreon! Help support the channel.
Check out my Sega Lord X merchandise page!
If you would like to support the channel directly:
Head over to Facebook to hear me ramble about various things:
I’m now on Twitter!
Opening 3D Logo By:
YouTube Page – https://www.youtube.com/user/Jan3d
Opening 2D Animation By:
Facebook – https://ift.tt/2UETGzb
1. Captured on the Mega SG.
2. Some good games came out in 1993, starting with the likes of Batman Returns, Final Fight and Sonic CD. The system had been out for months before they showed up, so the damage had already been done.
3. I did eventually get my own Japanese Mega CD once prices came down a bit.
4. Throughout its life the Sega CD got a number of games that were never released in Japan for the Mega CD and vice/versa. It was region locked so owning both region variants was almost mandatory to fully explore the library.
5. I had my first Sega CD stop working about a year after I got it. Since then, I’ve had to repair/replace it more than any other system I have ever owned.
6. There is also a 5 game version of the pack in compilation here. They added Super Monaco GP to later bundles.
7. The Sega CD also a CD+G disc packed in. I didn’t include it here because frankly, I thought the idea was lame as hell.
via YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNhQdVikgqk